Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Musical Silence of Sunshine

As time Falls Back tonight - it feels as if it will be the beginning of winter instead of the fall season that it still upon us. At least this is how it feels for me. The daylight hours seem so far and few between and the big ball of fire in the sky known as the sky feels even more distant, weaker, and meek as well through the winter months. Perhaps, it is the geographical sky of southern West Virginia that the sun weakens. I don't really know. Scientifically, it has been speculated that the equator distance from geography and Vitamin D deprivation has alot to do with it. But for me, I do dread another cold, windy, snowy and trapped indoors of winter.

I enjoy the musical silence that sunshine produces for me. The radiating heat that soaks into my bones and fuels my brain to a state of peace and silence. There is much to be enjoyed about the nature and rotation of climate changes and the four seasons. I curse the winter for how it makes me feel nowadays but I could never imagine living anywhere that I could not partake the survival and enjoyment of the visuals presented at each season.

There's something about nature that keeps one's feet and mind planted in a soulful foundation while the rest of the world turns. The challenges of survival that comes from mobility issues when driving in Four Seasons country is a test to the humanity that does reside behind the highways and beneath the human conscience. The ability we all have to share in the community of treacherous weather conditions of riding or driving a vehicle in it or merely trying to walk so you don't fall or slide on ice or crash into another person.

We stay so focused on our own daily to do and purpose we must meet that we never spend enough time just thinking of the good Karma we have and feel every day. Not enough conscience awareness of the here and now. Not absorbing into the beauty of humanity that does exist. 

It's easy to get lost into our problems or issues that we have and that complicate all of our daily lives. It's so easy to forget or be completely unaware of life beyond ourselves that it's a loss to ourself too.

The animals of nature and even our beloved pets give most of us - a quick glance of this being grateful and appreciating the humanity just because they are as curious or unconditionally loving toward us as we are to them. It's a respect of one of the highest abilities that homo sapiens have with animals or nature.

I will miss the mass spoiling of time I get to gain in the Spring, Summer and Fall months of the musical silence of sunshine as winter does approach. But it will not end. It only means I have to find another way to get that much needed feel good I get only from sunshine. Adapting. Living. Surviving. That is life.

Life is our teacher. We are the students. The weather is the tool to teach us of our mistakes or to celebrate our accomplishments. Everything else is pretty much easy after that. Accepting our hits and misses. Learning from the mistakes that we will make and work to not doing them again. Gaining more from each failure we have than letting those failures keep us at a stand still in living and surviving our lives.

I anticipate this winter season. I won't be as mobile this year as I have years passed but for every year another winter passes or the time goes up or time falls back - that's another adventure waiting for me to live and survive. More lessons to be learned from and enjoying all the experience of being human and the possibilities to be gained that wait patiently ahead. It's a good life indeed when you choose how you want to perceive it and interact in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment