Friday, December 13, 2013

Digestion Problems Created by Emotions

I know many who find this blog - because of the title - may be disappointed as you read because the literal topic you first previewed that may have brought you to this topic; is not what you think it to be - but it could help you learn a few things to give you insightfulness and assistance to a healthier core of your self, as it has for me in learning and applying this topic of digestion and emotions.

Scientific and medical research will contribute theories of their facts of how emotions can produce unhealthiness on the digestive tract and internal digestion of food and the secretions to rid the body of waste. Even the study of mental and psychological health give their factual evidence to the conditions of Irritable Bowel Syndrome as being emotional, mental, and psychological in nature to produce bowel or digestion conditions leading to this condition.

For any person who suffers from any medical condition, the best assistance you can do about your diagnosis is to research, learn and gain as much understanding and knowledge as you can. Because even the experts and professionals of these fields can become as Peter Principles or financially motivated to gain profits instead of staying on top of the education and new research in their fields to effectively treat patients.

It can be very confusing to a patient upon any new diagnosis and many will seek second opinions when they feel they are not getting the care they need but very few will go to the core of one's self to understand, WHY, they have a medical condition. What they can do to help them self in a healthier manner with all their medical conditions or a medical diagnosis.

That's why I share this blog. Because of the experiences I have had personally for years seeking effective treatments that would fail or to gain my own comfort in helping myself to learn what a medical condition is I have, how I can protect or even prevent symptoms myself, what I can do to help my brain and body and how to increase a healthier quality of life.

Emotions and thoughts are the primary internal devices that each patient has to control. What you think and what you feel will ultimately feed, fuel and subconsciously tell our bodies or brain what to do that leads to the internal chemical secretions and electrical impulses within. The external reactions or actions is exactly as what we thought or choose to do by our emotions and thoughts.

I can not say that having new skills or healthier tools of thought perception or emotional understanding can solve all problems of medical conditions that could easily be debated as psychological in nature but it sure can not hurt to learn and form your own theory as well. I have researched for decades because of my own medical conditions. This research was to help myself so that I could obtain, achieve and gain the best quality of life that I could.

I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and though never diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I do have lactose intolerance, from input of others, but I choose to drink milk and eat dairy products anyways. Just because it does taste good and the benefits to me are worth it more than the digestive issues I have. I feel the digestive and bowel issues are minor in comparison to the PTSD, Bipolar and seizure disorders I have been diagnosed with. So with that said. Let me share with you a learning about digestion and emotions that I have found.

I am learning through Dialectal Behavior Therapy focusing primary on the healthier activation of my 5 senses with emotional learning. To gain new information about emotions and learning healthier methods in my own life to increase overall a healthier quality of life by changing the unhealthy core of myself and to grow and increase the healthiest aspects I do have too. This journey has been enlightening, beneficial, motivating, encouraging, immediately rewarding and a continuing process that I do share my progress through this blog.

A Person I Use to Know is primarily about self evaluation pertaining to every aspect of a person's life especially medical factors. For what healthy we maybe in our 20s - we will not be in our 40s or 70s. A Person I Use to Know concept is about evaluations, analyzing and accepting one's self while appreciating the life you live and how you learn from others and your self too.

I use short stories or analogies of my life, experiences, nature and nurture of the surviving and living I have done to gain history of my own contributions to my health and unhealthiness I have done. To grow awareness to others that they too have options, choices and can gain new skills to help apply to their life as well.

Emotions have consistently been a factor of my life that I was ignorant about. It does not shame me nor does it bother me that most will not understand. Because for those who can be factually truthful with self to disregard pride - a person will realize and admit just how ignorant one can be in contributing to the healthiness or unhealthiness of their self too. It is easier in our social culture to talk about the external health of the human body for someone who eats healthy, exercises and take healthy physical care of their self. But the internal health of an individual is a complex and complicated matter. For we are individuals internally with our own experiences, stories, and genetics that makes it hard to say what will be healthy for one person will surely be unhealthy for another. But we each can do more internally to help our self to achieve a healthier state of emotions, thoughts, perceptions, interpretations, and actions and choices we make in life by focusing more on the inner core of health than exterior appearance of health.

The facts of emotions I use come from the dictionary at:  http://www.thefreedictionary.com.

I need facts of emotions. I give no regards to accreditation of dictionaries or websites I use as long as the references of information used can be factually referenced too.

I wanted to know what emotions are in their raw forms and how they can be applied with out theories, without complex evidence debates and without the confusion that sometimes, doctors, therapists, nurses, and all medical or scientific professionals can do by making their claim or supporting their views and the way they treat their patients. I wanted raw facts and diverse views of what emotional words mean to better understand and broaden my own views about emotions.

Peter Principle is a word to know and even apply to every aspect of your life - especially when seeking medical assistance, treatment and receiving diagnosis. For one can become ignorant and incompetent in their chosen field of expertise without continuing their education. Peter Principle is a human nature factor and proven fact though it was created in theory - this word, is very evident to what occurs when a person is promoted in professions and the effects it has on others when education does not increase at the rate of promotion occur. Human lives get effected and none more detrimentally than when a medical professional reaches their level of Peter Principle.

I found that the words associated with Sad or Sadness are as diverse, extreme and as anyone could imagine of the description, actions and results that these words can cause. It is like a huge circle that continually loops or a quilt where one square connects to another and in the end, it keeps stitching back around to add more to the layers of Sad or Sadness that a person feels and ends up reacting too. Without education and healthier skills to know that emotions will and can leave you - as fast as you learn to let them go - one is surely doomed factually by emotions because of lack of proper tools to assist in the emotional process of the human brain and body.

Human nature and nurture leaves us to ponder in silent thoughts and creates internal emotions before it materializes into our actions or impulsive reactions. What we first think or first feel in emotions will become the immediate fuel of a subconscious nature to tell our brain and bodies what to do without our awareness of how to calm the core of our self which for many, like me, we have to be our intervention to the process which does take new knowledge, new information, new perceptions and new perspectives of what we know about life, our self and all we have endured.

We will not be the Person We Use to Know from 20 years so why is it so hard to conceive a new concept that we may have to learn something to help our self directly? Why must we wait upon another to try to help us when there are things we could do to help our self?

What do intestines, digestion, sadness, bile and melancholy all have in common? They all collaborate in vocabulary definitions but they also give a new perspective about the emotions and the digestive tract too.

For dejection does mean sadness of low spirits. Dejection also means the evacuation of the intestinal tract or defecation!

Melancholy -  a constitutional tendency to gloominess or depression - a sad thoughtful state of mind; pensiveness - a gloomy character, thought to be caused by too much black bile - characterized by, causing, or expressing sadness, dejection, etc.

Bile - A bitter, alkaline, brownish-yellow or greenish-yellow fluid that is secreted by the liver, concentrated and stored in the gallbladder, and discharged into the duodenum of the small intestine. It helps in the digestion of fats and the neutralization of acids, such as the hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach. Bile consists of salts, acids, cholesterol, lipids, pigments, and water.

Black bile - a humor that was once believed to be secreted by the kidneys or spleen and to cause sadness and melancholy - One of the four humors of ancient and medieval physiology, supposed to cause melancholy when present in excess.

Ironic isn't it? I thought so and found it very laughter filled. To think and imagine the notion that the very words we use to describe the harshest, loneliness and saddest of what we feel is the same relations of the body casting off wastes. I stumbled on this learning with dejection and my word of today was melancholy which lead me right back to the black bile and bile theories of ancient and medieval physiology.

So who would have thought that emotions and digestion could be factually linked up together? What does that really say about each individual and their own perceptions of emotions and digestion as well? Could our unhealthiness of emotions and thought perceptions really be contributing to the symptoms we have in medical conditions? I challenge this to explore, research, learn and find out and would have to say - because of my experiences in new learning that Yes, to a degree, it is true.

I have read that PTSD is a Normal Reaction to Abnormal Event. However, I have learned to grow my own insight to twist it that PTSD is an Automatic Unhealthy Reaction to an Unhealthy Event. For me personally - this applies and appeals as fact and individual truth. But we all must seek that of our truth and the facts of our life.

For me, it's easier to digest all of my life's healthiest and unhealthiest by that done to me by others who harmed me but also that I did lack the healthy skills and healthier tools I needed. I was an ignorant person that did factor unhealthy choices, actions and medical consequences in my life too.

My prior views of PTSD and my 5 senses of unhealthy triggers was very hard to accept for me personally. I had survived my trauma. I was no longer a victim. But I felt as a victim because my 5 senses would emotionally, medically, mentally, psychologically cause stresses in me - that I could not stop, control and years of seeking treatment could not help me to obtain an effective form of tolerable coping. I would lose focus. I would lose the here and now I live in when PTSD and the triggers would increase. I had to find and keep looking for the tools and skills I needed to work for me.

For each of us, are genetically unique. The blueprints of our DNA are each created to who we are. We can not change that. The nature, nurture, experiences, living and surviving that we do in life contribute to the knowledge, healthy and unhealthy skills or tools we use in our life to help us or hurt us.

One must be able to admit, accept and be honest with their self as much as they are able to try to give to another. To gain the best quality of life in our healthy or unhealthy - there really is no shame, no pride, and no emotions involved. Because the emotions are only information that occurs to help us problem solve and nothing more. People complicate emotions through heritage, genetics and examples they choose to retain for their own or what they choose to learn and how to engage their emotions or deny their emotions.

So what exactly does emotions, digestion and having a constitutional tendency to gloominess or depression mean to each of us? What ever we primarily want it to mean that is it.

For math and science are only as a factual as an individual to believe it to be. Religion or spirituality is only as factual as an individual believes it to be. The same is to be said of emotions and their healthy or unhealthy influence in our individual lives and what we choose to know, perceive, and believe about them too.

I just offer a new perspective in my learning and share this. For what one person does not get - I have experienced enough in my life to know - someone else will.

For what my words may produce confusion in one - it will be the exact tool that another needs to pick up to apply in their own life to help them. That's what sharing is about.

That's why learning is still valuable regards of the topic, the profession or the unprofessional. Learning without ceasing is only as helpful to you as you allow your self to believe and what you are willing to do with new information on the old topics or issues of your life and how you apply new information to help yourself or hurt yourself.

So the next time you feel emotionally overwhelmed - go have a bowel movement and laugh while giving imagination to the emotions being ejected from your body and flush them away! I did not create this. I only applied old words from an old dictionary and found an enlightening way to think of the body functions and emotional enlightening found through humor and healthier learning application.

No comments:

Post a Comment